Outside of docs
- CONTRIBUTING.md main contributing guide
- PROCESS.md contributing process
- GitLab Development Kit (GDK) to install a development version
- API styleguide Use this styleguide if you are contributing to the API.
- Documentation styleguide Use this styleguide if you are contributing to documentation.
- SQL Migration Style Guide for creating safe SQL migrations
- Testing standards and style guidelines
- UX guide for building GitLab with existing CSS styles and elements
- Frontend guidelines
- SQL guidelines for working with SQL queries
- Sidekiq guidelines for working with Sidekiq workers
- Generate a changelog entry with
- Code review guidelines for reviewing code and having code reviewed.
- Merge request performance guidelines for ensuring merge requests do not negatively impact GitLab performance
- Architecture of GitLab
- CI setup for testing GitLab
- Gotchas to avoid
- How to dump production data to staging
- Performance guidelines
- Rake tasks for development
- Shell commands in the GitLab codebase
- Sidekiq debugging
- Licensing for ensuring license compliance